There can be various reasons that your identity cannot be verified:
- Experian cannot match your personal information (name, social security number, current address) to any records because either the information provided is wrong, or there is no file match.
- The answers to authentication questions are incorrect.
- Your account is frozen with Experian.
If you are receiving a message that we were unable to verify your identity and you believe that it is an error, please try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Enter your full legal name, not a nickname or abbreviated version of your name (example: enter Jennifer vs. Jenn).
- Double check your address and zip code. If you haven't been living at your new address for long, try using a previous address.
- Although social security number is not required, try entering your social security number as an added method of verification.
- If you're entering all the information correctly, but still cannot ID verify, contact Experian.